If you are looking to increase your website traffic, there are many ways to do that. You can run adverts to drive more people to your website content, hire influencers to talk about your site or simply share flyers about your business. However, if you are looking to drive organic traffic, it is high time you paid attention to white hat link building.
In the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), website owners are continually looking for traffic. This is because the more persons that visit their site, the more chances they have to make more sales. Many website owners now leverage white hat SEO to do that. In this article, you will discover the major strategies to build links between your site and other websites.
Strategies for White Hat Link Building to Drive Organic Traffic for Your Website
Now, let us talk about the different strategies you can use to start building quality links that will attract high-value prospects to your website.
1. Seek Guest Posting Opportunities
One of the best ways to build backlinks to your website is to become a Guest Post writer or Contributor to another website. It helps if you are reaching out to a site that is within your niche. For example, if you run an insurance blog, it would be a great idea to contribute to another insurance-related blog.
In Guest Posting, you are creating original content that cannot be republished on any other platform. If you are looking to do this, here are some tips to help you:
Write on Viral Topics
Your choice of topic should be viral, i.e., content that triggers massive interest. Also, your title should be catchy or click-worthy.
Approach the topic from an authoritative point of view. That is, you must have in-depth knowledge of the topic beforehand.
Be at Home with the Guest Posting Guidelines
Before applying to be a Guest post writer/Contributor to a site, ensure that you understand the guidelines.
The guidelines might differ, but they always include important elements, such as:
- The word count/article length
- The mode of submission
- Writer’s personal information (Bio, Social Network handles/links)
You can check out our own guest posting guidelines.
2. Find Broken Link Opportunities
A Broken Link simply means the inactive status of a link or a URL on a particular site. For example, a site owner or webmaster changed the original link of content from www.abc.com/seo to www.abc.com/seo-strategy. In this case, new visitors would not get access to the content because its URL has been changed.
However, this could be one of your opportunities to take advantage of white hat SEO link building. Your primary focus is to contact the webmaster or owner of the site to inform him/her of the broken link you found on the site.
Before that, here are some things you need to have before reaching out:
- Use Google Console to identify the links or URLs that haven’t been recently crawled (indexed) by Google.
- Consider using SEO keyword research tools like SEMRush and UberSuggest to find broken links on the site you want to build links with.
- Why You Should Start a Blog Today and How to Outrank Popular Sites without Backlinks
- 5 Things You Need to Do to Double Your Blog Traffic Overnight
- Real Estate SEO: How to Generate Quality Real Estate Leads Using SEO Strategies
How to Reach Out for Broken Link Opportunities
Before reaching out to another site owner to build or rebuild existing links, these are the steps to take:
- Run a series of checks across different SEO research tools to find the broken links
- Create content that aligns with the original content from where the link was lost.
- Now, reach out to the site owner with the ready content and negotiate on how to build the links.
3. Consider Using Infographics to Get Free Backlink Building
In a case whereby a link is broken or you are looking to get a new link from a competitor site, it might be worthwhile to create infographics.
Infographics are images that show valuable content about a particular topic. Many site owners use this instead of writing a long piece of content because it doesn’t take much time to understand the content.
How to Use Infographics to Build Links for Your Site
Infographics can be a source of link building tactics if you follow these steps:
- Add a link to a piece of content on your website to the infographic. You can do this by adding the link below the infographic.
- Consider adding relevant clickable buttons/icons to the infographic, such s your site’s social media handles.
Things to Avoid When Using the White Hat Link Building Tactic
Although white hat building can help you grow organic traffic, it may also be counter-productive. This is because some website owners may mistake it for one of those black hat link-building techniques.
These are the major things you must avoid:
- Avoid link exchange, that is, asking a website owner to give you a link and you give the same back without doing anything.
- Do not give links that do not relate to the existing content. For example, it is not ideal to give links to insurance content to a health-related website.
White Hat Link Building Opportunities Can Increase Your Website Traffic
White hat SEO is a common type of link building whereby webmasters/website owners exchange links after they must have found the opportunities to do so. If you are keen on growing your website traffic, do not hesitate to take a cue from the tips shared in this article. Rest assured that the clues will help you get the most out of link building for your site.
If this proves to be difficult, it would be a great idea to hire a white hat link-building service to help find and pitch for these links. However, note that link building takes time and it may take several months before you start seeing the results, in terms of growth in your website traffic.
What Can the Best White Hat Link Building Service Do for Your Business?
Why is white hat link building service very important? The ultimate goal of every company is to boost their ranking on search engines, increase their web traffic and consistently double their revenue. The most unique way to achieve this is through SEO. Of course, we know that not all SEO strategies can handle that without affecting the reputation in the future. The only and best alternative is the white hat link building service.
If you are not proud of your company’s ROI, you have to hire the services of a link building company using ethical strategies. What this company does is look out for high-ranking websites willing to accept a guest post from you and link to your website naturally.
Other people are also searching for these similar questions:
- How to get thousands of legit backlinks
- How to find opportunities for link building?
- How do you automate link building process?
- How do you get valued backlinks to a website?
- How can I get high-quality backlinks in 2022?
- What link-building methods would you recommend for a website focused on pet care products?