How do insurance agents generate massive traffic to their website and of course, sales through the use of search engine platforms like Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo Search or Baidu?
As an insurance agent, there are chances that you are missing out on getting free traffic to your agency website. Thousands of potential clients are hanging out on Google, DuckDuckGo and Bing – looking for information on the insurance service you offer. But you may not be able to get in touch with them if you don’t master how to attract those traffics to your site.
In this article, you will find out the steps you need to take to get across to your target audience. You will also learn why it is important to improve SEO as a way of attracting organic traffic to your website.
1. Use SEO to Drive Traffic to Your Insurance Agent Website
Table of Contents
Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short refers to the strategies used for driving traffic from Search Engines like Google and Bing. The processes are grouped into different stages and each is important, depending on the results you want to get at the end of the day.
Types of SEO to Use for Driving Traffic to Your Insurance Agent Website
Here are the different types of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) agents can use when driving traffic to your insurance website:
This refers to the different activities you engage in just to ensure that the content on your insurance agency website is optimized for Search Engines.
These activities include:
- Make keyword research to pick the right keywords that are related to your area of business.
- Writing long-lengthy articles and including the keywords in the same.
- Avoid keyword stuffing.
- The use of the Headers or HTML tags, such as H1, H2, and H3.
- Use internal links, which are links to some of the existing content on your website.
- Use external or outbound links to point the readers to additional information on the subject matter outside of your website.
This refers to the range of activities involved in optimizing your agency content outside of your website. The activities include but are not limited to:
- Dropping valuable comments as a reply to content published on high-ranking insurance agent websites.
- Get your brand mentioned on platforms where your prospective clients are mostly visiting.
- Add your insurance agent website to online citation platforms, such as Yahoo Local, Bing, Google My Business, Yelp, AgentReview, The Better Business Bureau, and Google Map Pack.
- Start building backlinks to your website, by reaching out to other insurance websites that have higher Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA). Here’s a guide that explains some of the best link building strategies used by top digital marketing agencies serving the insurance market.
- Ask your previous clients to leave positive reviews of the service they got from your business.
Read More: Types of Insurance to Consider
Do a Bit of Technical SEO to Boost Your Website Traffic as an Insurance Agent
The technical aspect of SEO is also important for the generation of additional traffic to your agent insurance website. The technical SEO components include:
- Creating XML Sitemaps to help Google and Bing crawl all the pages and URLs on your agent website.
- Improve the page loading speed of your site.
- Install an SSL certificate to secure your website.
- Fix broken links on time.
2. Run a Blog on the Side
Having a blog for an insurance agency is both a way to educate your target audience, as well as get them to trust your brand.
These tips can help you get the most out of the blog:
- Leverage content marketing to build awareness about your insurance agency brand.
- Make the articles on the blog in-depth, including covering the most important information and being up to 1,000 words.
3. Consider Paid Advertising
Advertising is the lifeblood of any business. You want to make sure that every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the neighborhood knows about your insurance agency website and the services offered. With paid advertising, you can filter your target audience based on many parameters, such as:
- Income level
Further Reading: Importance of Insurance for Your Business
Some of the platforms to use for effective paid advertising are:
- Google Ads
- TikTok (you can do more content marketing and hiring influencers to throw in a word or two about your brand).
4. Maintain an Active Social Media Presence
Social media plays a huge role in the success of online marketing campaigns. From Facebook to Twitter and now TikTok, you stand a chance to create awareness about your brand.
Maintaining an active social media presence is very important at this time. If you don’t have all the time to shuffle from one social media platform to another, consider hiring a Virtual Assistant (V.A.).
Tight on a budget or do you simply want to be in control for the time being? Use social sharing tools like Hootsuite and Buffer to distribute content across your insurance agent brand’s social media handles.
5. Take Lead Generation Seriously
You can generate leads for free if you are strategic about it. Here’s what I mean:
- Post valuable insurance content on Medium.com
- Respond to questions asked on online forums like Quora and Reddit.
- Always offer lead magnets (free eBooks mostly) and link them to your email signup form. This way, anyone that is interested has to sign up for the email list.
Want to learn more about lead generation and exactly how to implement it in building your insurance agency through the use of search engine platforms like Bing, DuckDuckGo, Google, Baidu, Yandex and Yahoo Search? Read: What lead generation is and how to generate leads like a machine.
Turn Your Website Traffic (Visitors) into Sales (Customers)
Using any of the strategies above will help you get more leads and attract more visitors to your insurance agency website. Most importantly, implementing tips on SEO for insurance agents and their companies can help you save costs, as more organic visitors (traffic) would visit your website. The main effort should be concentrated on converting these leads into steady buyers. To do this, communicate what you are offering and if possible, give discounts to make the first conversion. If they are satisfied with your service, you can be sure they would become loyal customers.