Whether we like it or not, a large population of surfers still believe that articles (and in this case, products) that appear on the first SERP are more credible, more valuable and more actionable.
Most times they are right and in some cases, they are also wrong.
Here’s what I mean…
As a researcher (in my School days, I handled a project nobody has EVER done before) I have gone as far as clicking on the 10th SERPs many times in search of specific information.
Meaning, even if what I’m looking for isn’t ranking high on Google, I can always be patient enough to dig it out anywhere it is hiding.
But on the side, not many people are like me. Most people are just too busy OR lazy to spend hours trying to make sense of search engine, so, if they don’t find what they want on the first SERP, they are done or they make do with whatever option they have from the first page.
Seeing that majority of today’s web users are that way, it therefore means that you will be doing your business a great disservice (especially if you are on a low budget) if you aren’t making effort to see your product rank high on search engine.
In case you are wondering why I said missing out on the first search engine results page is a disservice, here’s a shocking statistics that will shift your jaws…
Websites that appear on the first search engine results page (for specific keywords) get almost 95% of the web traffic, leaving only 5% for the rest of search engine results pages.
Why many SEO experts can give various unarguable reasons in support of this stat, one that will stand out is the fact that CTR is a vital ranking factor to Google.
Simply put… If your articles consistently appear on the first SERP and web users click on them, you stand a chance of getting 95% of the web traffic compared to your competitor whose blog has been buried on the 5th page.
Now, the question is:
How can you come up with a content about your product that’s search engine friendly?
To help you answer that question, I have done all the research for you – about 95% of the job – and came up with,
Knowing that buyers are already searching the web for products and services you offer, the only guaranteed way to ensure that they buy from you and do it without feeling pressured is by ranking high on search engine.
To make your products rank on Google, here are the things you must do:
- Write only search engine friendly content. SE friendly content should have your product keywords mentioned.
- Make your blog post title or introduction appear the same way web users search online. Here’s how to write a jaw-dropping blog post titles.
- Check the product keywords your competitors are ranking for. Take note of their search volume and the number of times people are searching for those keywords every month.
- Create at least 3 blog posts with different keywords to promote one product. Each blog post must be well-optimized to rank for a specific keyword with which web users are most likely to find your product.
- Update your blog post and reindex it from time to time. To be honest with you, this very blog post is here to promote a previous article titled: How I do get blog post ideas that are search engine friendly?
Like you already know, according to NetMarketShare, 79% of 2017 global desktop search traffic came in through Google, followed by Bing at 7.27%. So, winning at Google means winning at everything, especially if a large population of your audience uses Google to carry out their market research before buying.
Recommended Blogging Course: Blogging Business Masterclass with Lifetime Membership and FREE Monthly Updates